Nav:Home > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Midnight Kiss
Press: Pinnacle; First Edition edition (May 1, 1994)
Author Name:GIDEON, NANCY
Tormented by a mysterious blood malady that had tormented him for three centuries, Marquis Louis Radman, no ordinary London bachelor, sweeps Arabella Howland into a dark romance of desire and intrigue.
Science Fiction & Fantasy,Fantasy,Paranormal & Urban,Romance,Paranormal,Historical
PDF Download And Online Read: Midnight Kiss
Comment List (Total:13)
- Louis has been alone for centuries. He is tired of being immortal, and wants to live a normal life. When he hears about a research involving blood transfusion, he funds Bella's...
- I originally read this book years ago while raiding my Mothers book collection when I was teenager and was glad when I finally found it as an eBook. I loved reading the book then and loved reading it now, and was thrilled to find out there was more to the set than the first two my mother had. Louis has always been my favourite in the book and I felt sorry for him, when all he wanted was to become human again from his vampire nightmare.
- I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review through NetGalley.Midnight Kiss is book 1 in the Touched by Midnight Series. It's the story of a young woman named Bella who spends her days as an assistant for her father, a recognized physician. As a young lady of a certain historical period in London, Bella is fully expected to marry and live out her life as a doting wife. She is no where near ready to settle down and marry. Eventually, she's introduced to a mysterious patient named Louis who is seeking a cure for his condition from Bella's father. Of course, Louis and Bella fall in love and Bella eventually comes to find that Louis has a dark secret in that he is a vampire. Louis also has his own dark demons from his past that try to interfere with Louis's plans for him and Bella. Since this is the first book in a series, it does end on a cliffhanger.This was my first book by Nancy Gideon. Decent pace. Didn't really find myself getting too bored. I found some parts of the story to be predictable. Love scenes weren't too overly done, so if you're looking for an erotic vampire novel, this is not for you. Personally, I appreciated how the author handled the love scenes. The character development was a little choppy. I had a difficult time believing that a woman as strong and intelligent as Bella would just fall all over herself for a man she had just met. The vampire aspects of the book were nothing out of the ordinary. I read a lot of vampire novels, so I was hoping that maybe this author would provide something new. As a scientist, I did appreciate the attempt at adding a medical explanation to the vampire story. I do plan to continue with the series since the cliffhanger left me intrigued.
- I love vampires and this was one of my favorite books. I've never read anything from this author before but I've been pleasantly surprised with this book.
- Midnight Kiss is the haunting tale of a vampire who finds himself so vile that he will do anything to return to his mortal state – even risk his life or immortality by taking part...
- Good read
- Midnight Kiss, book one in the Touched by Midnight series was originally released in 1994 and has held up well in its current re-release.
- I read this book many years ago and see that it was re-released with a different cover. I found the heroine to be shallow and just not very likable and flighty and is supposedly super intelligent, but I just didn't see that. The Hero gives new meaning to "doth protested too much". The Hero kept talking about shielding the Heroine from his dark needs and desires but never shows any backbone to actually do any protecting and was actually pretty spineless. The book is good for a light hearted read if you don't mind glaring inconsitancies and a H/H that you can't releate to and really don't like very much.
- Louis has had enough of being a vampire and wants noted London physician, Dr. Howland, to "cure" him.
- I received an ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.Louis is a Vampire looking for a "cure". He has heard about Dr.
- I have most of her books she is a great writer would buy lots more if she wrote them thanks bev nichols
- Midnight Kiss is a hauntingly beautiful romance story that shoots straight for the heart. This book by author Nancy Gideon has all the elements of a historical romance with one big exception - the hero, Louis Radman, is a vampire and the heroine, Arabella Howland, is a very enticing mortal that he has fallen in love with.Louis Radman is a tormented, lonely, but gorgeous man who has roamed the earth for 300 years as a vampire. He is desperate to regain the life that was cruelly taken from him so many years ago. Louis seeks the help of a physician, Stuart Howland, to cure his blood malady in hopes of reclaiming his mortal life and also claiming the good doctor's daughter, Arabella, as his wife. When a blood transfusion seems to work, Louis takes Arabella as his wife, and they dream of a long, happy life together. Unfortunately, nightmares from his past return to claim Louis and his new mortal bride. Louis finds himself in a battle for their lives and future.Arabella Howland works as her father's physician assistant. She is smart, curious, outspoken, pretty and in love with her father's strange patient. She doesn't know why her father is treating Louis Radman. She just knows she is drawn to him like a moth to a flame as he stirs before unknown desires in her. Her greatest wish is realized when Louis asks her to marry him. Little does she know that her dream will soon turn into a nightmare that does not disappear with the sunrise. Her life, as well as the lives of everyone she has ever loved, are exposed to the most horrific tragedy imaginable.I was quickly drawn into the plot and these character's lives as they battle the ultimate evil for a chance at eternal love. Midnight Kiss is mesmerizing, addictive, and beautifully written. The historical setting is so real that it becomes another character in this book. Fans of historical romance and/or paranormal romance will love this story. It comes in as one of my all time favorites. A must read!
- This was the first romance i read as a teen so i looked everywhere for a copy. I was extremly pleased with the condition of the book. It was listed slightly used but other than a library stamp the pages, cover & even binding appeared new.
- Runaway Robot, Stage ABC, Book 9 (6 Book Set) (Ready Readers)
- READY READERS, STAGE 0/1, BOOK 5, TWO BOYS, BIG BOOK
- READY READERS, STAGE ABC, BOOK 24, FURRY FEET, 6 PACK
- NATURE'S MYSTRIES, SINGLE COPY, NEXT CHAPTERS
- READY READERS, STAGE 0/1, BOOK 34, FOR SALE, 6 PACK
- Ready Readers, Stage ABC, Book 22, Crunchy Carrots, 6 Pack
- READY READERS, STAGE ABC, BOOK 50, ZOOMING ZEBRAS, 6 PACK
- READY READERS, STAGE ABC, BOOK 46, VACATION VIDEO, BIG BOOK
- READY READERS, STAGE ABC, BOOK 19, GOOEY GUM, 6 PACK
- READY READERS, STAGE ABC, BOOK 2, MONSTER MUFFIN, 6 PACK
- READY READERS, STAGE 0/1, BOOK 19, RABBIT KNITS, BIG BOOK
- READY READERS, STAGE 0/1, BOOK 10, LOOK AT THAT, 6 PACK
- READY READERS, STAGE ABC, BOOK 8, RED, 6 PACK
- READY READERS, STAGE 0/1, BOOK 31, A KISS, 6 PACK
- READY READERS, STAGE 0/1, BOOK 13, DIG DOWN, 6 PACK
- READY READERS, STAGE ABC, BOOK 29, HUGE HAMBURGER, 6 PACK
- READY READERS, STAGE ABC, BOOK 47, YELLOW, 6 PACK
- READY READERS, STAGE ABC, BOOK 26, DOG, 6 PACK
- READY READERS, STAGE 0/1, BOOK 27, THE WET PET, BIG BOOK
- DRA LEVELED LIBRARIES, EMERGENT STAGE, TOTAL PACKAGE (Neale Godfrey Money Program)
Legal Theory & Systems,Cooking Methods,Physics,Dentistry,Other Team Sports,Infantil y juvenil,Cars, Trains & Things That Go,Christian Denominations & Sects Book,。
FreeBook @ 2018