Any Given Christmas: A Sugar Shack Novel
Nav:Home > Romance > Sports > Any Given Christmas: A Sugar Shack Novel
Press: Avon Impulse (December 6, 2011)
Author Name:Terry, Candis
Dean Silverthorne’s mother may be dead, but she still has matchmaking to do.When an injury dashes NFL Quarterback Dean Silverthorne's Super Bowl dreams, he heads back to Deer Lick, Montana with a chip on his wounded shoulder, more determined than ever to get back in the game.
He loves his kooky family, but this trip home is going to be a very brief Christmas visit.His game plan doesn't include an instant attraction to Emma Hart, a feisty kindergarten teacher who seems to be the only person in Deer Lick not interested in the hometown hero.
Or his dearly departed mom popping up with mistletoe in hand and meddling on the mind.
Now Dean can't help but wonder if there’s more to love than life between the goal posts.
PDF Download And Online Read: Any Given Christmas: A Sugar Shack Novel
Comment List (Total:16)
- This was really a fast read. I enjoyed this journey with a bit of ghostly presence. Dean was a stud who secretly had a big heart and Emma was just super sweet with a lot of spunk...
- I wasn't sure if I'd like this book or not. The brief description interested me, but, I had never heard of this author before and honestly, I was a little reluctant in buying this book. Reading something by an author I hadn't read anything by before, not knowing how she or he writes, makes me a little hesitant in buying his or her book. I'm glad I did by this one. I loved Emma and Dean's story with all its twist and turns. It was different in a good way. I loved how Candis Terry wrote in Dean's mom. I really liked it. I read it in one sitting. Anyway I highly recommend this book. I plan on checking to see what else this author has written.
- The story told in this book is such a good one. I laughed and I cried. I'm just amazed that contemporary authors find it necessary to tell a story and include graphic sex and foul language. The story in this book is one of finding your path in life, building relationships, the heart ache life can hold and new beginnings. There is so much humor and so much tenderness. Then it is spoiled with such descriptive sex that it's embarrassing. This author is a talented story teller. Why not embellish less graphically and allow the reader to use their imagination by building the scene. I give it five stars for the story and zero stars for the illicit nature of her writing which I'm sorry to say averages to three stars.
- Divine intervention with a twist. Liked that closure was achieved and personal growth occurred within the characters.
- I liked the first in this series but really liked this one, makes me hope I like the next one even better!
- great book
- This was an absolutely wonderful love story with lots of love and romance in the story. I enjoyed how the author developed the romance between the two main characters and also...
- While it sometimes takes time to figure out your priorities in life most of us figure it out, that's what Dean needs to do now that life may not be what it used to be.
- Had read book #3 from my county library and wanted to read the first 2 in the series. Fun read.
- This book had it all, laughter, tears, depth etc and I devoured it. In some ways I'm really glad that I read the 3rd book,Somebody Like You: A Sugar Shack Novel (Sugar Shack Novels), first because there's no way it could compare with this one. I really didn't even mind the big misunderstanding towards the end because it was sort of inevitable. It's a credit to the author that she could make us believe in the love story between a football superstar and a small town kindergarten teacher. I highly recommend this book.
- Sweet story.
- Nice. Easy reading.I EXPECTED MORE.
- I wish I could give this book 100 stars!!!! OMG, I can't even put into words all i want to say about it. FANTASTIC!!!! I got this as a free book and did not realize there are others with the series. I just bought book 1 and can't wait to begin reading it. I am almost done with Any Given Christmas and I had cried so many tears it is unbelievable!!! I know that I will be crying (I am positive happy tears) a whole lot more when I get to the end which is only a short distance away. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!!!! Great writing, will try more of her other series also.
- I read my first Candis Terry book, Second Chance at the Sugar Shack (which is also the first in this series), earlier this year and enjoyed it so much that I went out and downloaded ALL of her other novels. Of course, with my out-of-control TBR, it took me months to get to the second installment.Terry keeps it in the family as she now focuses on Kate's older brother. Some things remain the same--the same small town, the same bakery, and--of course--the same ghost of a mother in the backseat. But, Dean and Emma's story almost seemed more sweet to me. Part of that is I think that both characters were well-realized.Dean is a NFL Quarterback and, well, I'm sold. It's true...I like football romances. Emma is a small town kindergarten teacher who has a secret, a sweet cat, goal and--best of all--IS A PACKERS FAN! Folks, this book could have failed on every level other than having a quarterback and a Packers fan, and I'd still be all over it.Now, that aside, I did feel that this was a well-balanced romance. So often, you get the story from either just the hero or, more often, heroine but, here the story is equally focused on both. However, it doesn't merge the Emma and Dean together too much. Hey each have their own stories and their own struggles and Terry does both of them justice.Terry's voice is just as readable as in the first novel. This book is a little steamier, but it isn't tawdry (something that I appreciate after some of the other romances I've read recently). More importantly, the emotional component is emphasized over the physical one. I find that equation to be necessary for a truly successful romance.I will say that I do think that this book needs to be read in sequence with the series. It's not that the plot is especially tied to the earlier book, but there are elements of the story that would seem out of left field without the background found in Second Chance at the Sugar Shack. Also, this book isn't as "Christmassy" as it might seem. Most holiday romances tend to end in a romantic Christmas celebration whereas, with this book, Christmas is just something that happens about halfway through. I say that only to reassure anyone who would like to read this in the middle of the summer (as I did) that it won't seem out of time.This book was a delight to read and I would highly recommend it to any romance fan, at any time of the year. I can't wait to see what happens in the third and final installment of this series!
- Wow, once in a great while I have the privilege of reading that rare can't-put-it-down book. This is one of those books.Candis Terry is a completely new author to me. I stumbled upon her via an email from Avon announcing some 99-cent books. I noticed the kitten sitting on a football and bought it immediately. I never expected it to be anything special, but I'd just finished a book and was in the mood for a sports romance. Boy, was I in for a treat with this book.First of all, I read some reviews for this book in which the readers were disappointed as the title of the book gives you the impression it's a Christmas romance. It isn't. In fact, only the first part of the book takes place over the holidays. The title is unfortunate because this author received some undeserved poor reviews because of the misleading title.I didn't care about that. Not one bit because she hooked me in the first chapter, and I never looked back. In fact, thanks to Ms. Terry I didn't get any writing done yesterday because I couldn't drag myself away from this book.I fell in love with Dean, the hero, in the first chapter and never stopped loving him. He was a real person, multi-dimensional, and the type of hero any writer would be proud to have created. An added bonus is that this writer actually knows her football.The heroine, Emma, was just as deep and enjoyable.I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book. And Ms. Terry is now on my auto-buy list. I'm heading to Amazon right now to buy the other books in this series.
- Great book, easy reading. The great family relationships shown in this book is heartwarming. The great cantor between characters is entertaining and always leaves you guessing.
- Versuch Eines Lehrbuches Der Forstwirthschaft, Part 1-2 (1781) (German Edition)
- Lettres De Ciceron A Atticus V5: Avec Des Remarques, Et Le Texte Latin De LÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢edition De Graevius (1741) (French Edition)
- The Broken Font: A Story Of The Civil War (1836)
- Musica Divina V2: Sive Thesaurus Concentuum Selectissimorum (1855) (Latin Edition)
- Life, Love, And Politics: Or The Adventures Of A Novice (1825)
- PlutarchÃfÂ¢Ã¢âsÂ¬Ã¢âzÂ¢s Lives Of Romulus, Lycurgus, Solon, Pericles, Cato, Pompey, Alexander The Great, Julius Caesar, Demosthenes, Cicero, And Others (1889)
- Les Triumphes De La Noble Dame Amoureuse, Et LÃfÂ¢Ã¢âsÂ¬Ã¢âzÂ¢Art DÃfÂ¢Ã¢âsÂ¬Ã¢âzÂ¢Honnestement Aimer (15
- LÃfÂ¢Ã¢âsÂ¬Ã¢âzÂ¢Ecclesiastique Traduit En Francois: Avec Une Explication TireÃfÂ¢Ã¢âsÂ¬Ã¢âzÂ¢e Des Saint
- Memoires De Conde V3 (1743) (French Edition)
- Praelectiones De Locis Theologicis V1-2 (1774) (Latin Edition)
- Melanges Historiques, Politiques, Critiques Etc. V1-2: Ou Precis Des Evenemens Les Plus Interessans De LÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢Histoire Ancienne Et Moderne (1
- Les Psaumes De David, A Quatre Parties: Avec Les Cantiques Sacres (1777) (French Edition)
- Lettres A Monsieur De Voltaire: Ou Second Entretien (1775) (French Edition)
- Q. Horatius Flaccus, Ex Antiquissimis Undecim Lib. M. S. Et Schedis Aliquot Emendatus (1578) (Latin Edition)
- Rheinisches Magazin V1: Zur Erweiterung Der Naturkunde (1793) (German Edition)
- S. Julii Frontini Libri Quator Strategematicon (1731) (Latin Edition)
- The Life Of Charlotte Bronte (1900)
- Marcus Valerius Martialis In Einem Auszuge, Part 3-5 (1793) (German Edition)
- Lectures On The English Language (1863)
- Melchioris Canis Episcopi Canariensis, Opera (1734) (Latin Edition)
Legal Theory & Systems,Cooking Methods,Physics,Dentistry,Other Team Sports,Infantil y juvenil,Cars, Trains & Things That Go,Christian Denominations & Sects Book,。
FreeBook @ 2018