Fundamentals of Corporate Finance Canadi
Nav:Home > Business & Money > Finance > Fundamentals of Corporate Finance Canadi
Press:McGraw-Hill Ryerson, Limited McGraw-Hill Ryerson Higher Education (February 28, 2007)
Author Name:Stephen A. Ross
The best-selling Fundamentals of Corporate Finance (FCF) is written with one strongly held principle– that corporate finance should be developed and taught in terms of a few integrated, powerful ideas.
As such, there are three basic themes that are the central focus of the book: 1) An emphasis on intuition—underlying ideas are discussed in general terms and then by way of examples that illustrate in more concrete terms how a financial manager might proceed in a given situation.
2) A unified valuation approach—net present value (NPV) is treated as the basic concept underlying corporate finance.
Every subject covered is firmly rooted in valuation, and care is taken to explain how particular decisions have valuation effects.
3) A managerial focus—the authors emphasize the role of the financial manager as decision maker, and they stress the need for managerial input and judgment.
The Ninth Edition continues the tradition of excellence that has earned Fundamentals of Corporate Finance its status as market leader.
Every chapter has been updated to provide the most current examples that reflect corporate finance in today’s world.
The supplements package has been updated and improved, and with the new Excel Master online tool, student and instructor support has never been stronger.
The Alternate Edition includes 6 more chapters than the Standard Edition.
Business & Money,Finance,Corporate Finance
PDF Download And Online Read: Fundamentals of Corporate Finance Canadi
Comment List (Total:14)
- ended up not really needing this book for corporate, had a great teacher
- The one star is for the rental experience. The book was to be delivered Tuesday 1/7 (Amazon Prime) but it didn't come. Gave it a few more days because the website reflected that the book had been shipped so I thought there was just a delay. When it hadn't shown by Friday 1/10, I went into the UPS website and saw that while a label had been printed with that tracking #, the package never entered the UPS system for shipment. When I was finally able to get in touch with someone at Amazon, I was advised that the only thing that could be done was the rental fee be refunded and for me to "try" and rent the item again. When I asked why couldn't it just be re-shipped (or shipped since it apparently hadn't been) I was advised that couldn't be done with rental orders. I wasn't surprised today when I to tried placing another rental order and found the item was no longer available, which was probably the case all along, only Amazon failed to tell me that and allowed me to believe a book was in route to me when it wasn't. The customer service rep knew this also, that's where the "try" to rent it again remark came from. With class starting Monday I have no choice now but to purchase the book from the school at whatever astronomical price they charge. Had Amazon provided good (any) customer service from the beginning, I would have rented the book from another site for about the same fee Amazon charged-which I will most likely do from now on. Surprisingly terrible customer service from Amazon.*****Update- 1/17/14*******I was contacted by Amazon customer service and told the book was still available to rent. Since class was starting a few days later, Amazon advised me to request overnight delivery and they would pay the additional cost. I clicked on the link supplied in their email and sure enough, the book was available. I did as instructed and received the book in time for the start of class. So far the book has been easy to follow, though it's still in the semester. I changed my rating to five stars because Amazon stepped up to the plate and handled this situation satisfactorily.
- Great textbook and the only version necessary!
- Got this when finishing my degree. It's a textbook and it has served it's purpose.
- Not a terrible read, some great information necessary for class and overall not difficult to understand. Easy to follow and helpful as a guide during class discussions
- It helps that I loved this class in college, but this textbook is fantastic and very beneficial.
- Finance is lit, gotta love cash flows. Can't think of much that gets me rowdier than annuities and perpetuitues.
- Great buy!
- This was used for a Business Finance course and though it wasn't the most exciting read (I'd rather be reading fiction~ha!) it was written in a way that was easy to understand, even for beginners, and presented a thorough explanation of relevant finance topics in short chapters. There were also a number of "blurps" on the pages that gave experiences of real people and businesses, so you can get an idea of how topics are relevant in real world situations, often using major news stories in the last five-ten years that you've probably heard about.Not the most thrilling topic in the world, and you're likely reading only because you were assigned to read it, but it's not the most terrible text book in the world to read. There were parts I actually really found interesting, (learning about Starbucks, Apple, etc) and the information was easy to understand when put into a real world context, which the authors did a wonderful job of.
- Good condition and excellent price
- Book is very comprehensive and easy to follow. Like the fact that there are real world examples after important topics.
- This book was received well before the expected due date and in the best of shape. It is like a brand new book and I am very happy with this purchase, thank you!
- Not my kinda textbook. In talking to my instructor, it seems that this book is the gold standard for intro finance texts, and if that's the case, it's too bad. I didn't feel I learned much from it. Almost zero worked problems within the chapters, yet they toss you into the deep end at the end of the chapter with the problem sets.Personally, I learn a lot by studying and working through examples and seeing worked-problem solutions. They provide some example problemshere and there but they're usually on the order of "you should check our answers for practice." Well, what if your answers are wrong?! I should add, the supplemental materials of the text are not very helpful (powerpoint slides/lecture outlines.) Just read the text, work whatever assigned problems your instructor gives you, and hope for the best on the tests. Thankfully our professor just gave multiple choice open-book tests so everyone got an A or B on every test.It is a pretty basic text. The authors explain things ok usually, but their writing style is borderline archaic and they often take the long route in explaining important concepts. Their discussion of bond pricing and TVM (time value of money) needs improvement. So does their discussion of present value of dividends, in which they take a very loopy numerical approach that is far too hard to understand - I got most of the test questions wrong on this topic. They also refer to Sarbanes-Oxley as "Sarbox" - nobody else calls it anything except SOX. I took Intermediate Accounting before I took Finance, and we used the Kieso, et al. textbook, which was pretty darned difficult but better than this text as far as explanations of TVM and other topics.I am alarmed to see that a new copy of this book sold for over $200. It has over 20 chapters but they are all short and the information within this book is definitely not worth such a high pricetag. Actually, I rented this book for the course because the cost was far more than I was willing to pay.
- I've used this textbook twice so far, once as an undergraduate and now as a graduate student. The major problem I have with this text is the way the authors go about explaining how to solve financial problems by example. For example, in each chapter they may solve a specific type of problem one way but give you 7+ total possible ways of solving it. When it comes to the chapter review problems, forget it. Applying what examples they give you in each chapter is almost impossible because they want you to use the other 7 ways that they didn't explain in the chapter to solve each problem. A solutions manual is almost imperative in using this textbook efficiently. Subscribe to Chegg or ask your professor to give out the solutions. This is the only way to learn. Would not recommend this book for any finance class. There are much better ones out there.
- The Life And Times Of Philip Schuyler, Volume 2...
- Traité De Chimie Appliquée Aux Arts: Atlas, Volume 2... (French Edition)
- Sippurim: Eine Sammlung Jüdischer Volkssagen, Erzählungen, Mythen, Chroniken, Denkwürdigkeiten Und Biographien Berühmter Juden Aller Jahrhunderte, ... Dritte Sammlung, Volume 3... (Czech Edition)
- The Tea-table Miscellany: A Collection Of Choice Songs Scots & English : In Two Volumes, Volume 1...
- The Jews: A Study Of Race And Environment...
- Voyage En Palestine Et En Syrie: Avec Vues, Cartes Et Plans... (French Edition)
- Zoologist: A Monthly Journal Of Natural History...
- Catalogue Du Musée De Nimes: Notice Historique Sur La Maison-carrée ... Biographie De Sigalon... (French Edition)
- Jahrbuch Der Deutschen Shakespeare-gesellschaft, Volume 1... (German Edition)
- Mitteilungen Der Literarhistorischen Gesellschaft Bonn, Volume 1... (German Edition)
- The Lion's Share...
- Froufrou: Comédie En Cinq Actes... (French Edition)
- The Study And Criticism Of Italian Art...
- Traité De La Croix De Notre-seigneur Jésus-christ, Ou Explication Du Mystère De La Passion De N.-s. Jésus-christ, Selon La Concorde... (French Edition)
- The Toll-keepers...
- From The Prairies: A Book Of Verse...
- Novelle, Volume 3... (Italian Edition)
- Cannibals Of Finance: Fifteen Years' Contest With The Money Trust...
- Istoria Degli Ultimi Quattro Secoli Della Chiesa Dallo Scisma D'occidente Al Regnante Sommo Pontifice Pio Sesto: Contenente La Storia Del Chiesa Dell'anno 1443. Al 1471, Volume 5... (Italian Edition)
- Theories Of Social Progress: A Critical Study Of The Attempts To Formulate The Conditions Of Human Advance...
Legal Theory & Systems,Cooking Methods,Physics,Dentistry,Other Team Sports,Infantil y juvenil,Cars, Trains & Things That Go,Christian Denominations & Sects Book,。
FreeBook @ 2017